The city of Vaughan is located in Ontario, Canada. This Canadian town is located in York Region, just north of Toronto. Vaughan is bordered by Caledon and Brampton to the west, Richmond Hill and King City to the north, Richmond Hill and Markham to the east, and Toronto – which now includes the dissolved cities of Etobicoke and North York.
Vaughan is made up of several smaller communities:
- Woodbridge: North/South – Major Mackenzie/Steeles, East/West – Hwy 400/Hwy 50
- Maple: North/South – King Vaughan Line/Rutherford, East/West – Bathurst/Hwy 400
- Thornhill: North/South – Hwys. 7 and 407 (Major Mackenzie for the area west of Bathurst)/Steeles, East/West – Yonge/Dufferin
- Concord: North/South – Rutherford/Steeles, East/West – Dufferin/Hwy 400
- Kleinburg: North/South – King Vaughan Line/Major Mackenzie, East/West – Hwy 400/Hwy 50
Vaughan is a rapidly growing city. A new central business district named The Vaughan Metropolitan Centre is being developed at the intersection of Highway 7 and Jane Street, where the Edgeley hamlet once stood.
There are five major York Region Transit terminals in Vaughan:Vaughan Mills Terminal at Vaughan Mills Mall and Promenade Terminal at Promenade Mall. Pioneer Village, Highway 407, and Vaughan Metropolitan Centre are the three subway stations in Vaughan.
The two train stations in Vaughan:
- Rutherford GO Station, located in Rutherford Road.
- Maple GO Station, located north of Major Mackenzie Drive.
Vaughan Coordinates: 43°50′N 79°30′W